Strengthening rural Affiliates through sustainable staffing
The Washington Main Street Affiliate Capacity Building Grant Program is a pilot project of the Department of Archaeology & Historic Preservation (DAHP), funded through fiscal years 2022-2023 by the Washington State Legislature and managed under contract by the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation. The grants are designed to help rural Affiliates prepare for, hire, and onboard their first part-time or full-time executive director.
Who can apply? Only current Main Street Affiliates in good standing are eligible for this grant opportunity, and priority will be given to Affiliates with a population under 20,000 and an already existing 501c3 or 501c6 solely dedicated to downtown revitalization.
What criteria will be used in determining awardees?
- A commitment to hiring the organization’s first paid executive director within the timeline of the grant
- Current organizational readiness to steward grant funds and work with WSMSP staff to hire and onboard an executive director
- A commitment to learning and utilizing the Main Street Approach™ and working with WSMSP
What kinds of expenses are eligible under the grant?
- Staffing costs including salary and benefits package
- Technology and office equipment
- Professional development for the executive director as part of onboarding success
- Fees and costs associated with capacity building such as human resource services, insurance, etc
All grant applicants should carefully and fully review the Affiliate Capacity Building Grant Guidelines linked below before beginning the application process. The grant guidelines includes information about:
- Eligibility and requirements for awarding Affiliate Capacity Building grants
- Application instructions and an attachment checklist
- Contracting and grant completion processes
Thank you to all who joined the Affiliate Capacity Building workshop on Thursday, July 1!
Please download and complete the Affiliate Capacity Building grant application. Send the completed PDF and supporting materials to Washington Main Street Specialist Jonelle McCoy. The application period closes Friday 7/23 at 5:00pm.
Please contact us via email or at 206-462-2999.