About the Washington Trust
The Washington Trust for Historic Preservation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to saving the places that matter in Washington State and to promoting sustainable and economically viable communities through historic preservation. We are Washington’s only statewide nonprofit advocacy organization working to build a collective ethic that preserves historic places through education, collaboration, and stewardship.
We Are People-Centered.
As we approach our work we will listen to the needs of local communities and adapt our work to the moment.
We commit to being:
- Amplify the many voices of preservation and heritage in Washington.
- Assess preservation’s historic complicity/biases and make change.
- Be bold, creative, and solutions-oriented.
- Lead the charge in preservation advocacy.
- Offer tools that enable local community builders to effect change.
- Connect preservation resources to economic recovery.
- Be the organization you turn to to help save places that matter.
- Bring inspiration, hope, and (dare we say) fun to preservation.
Land Acknowledgment Statement
We acknowledge that the State of Washington represents the usual and accustomed lands of many tribes that have played a major role in the history of our state. We honor and pay our respect to our indigenous neighbors who protect and preserve these lands and waterways and who have done so since time immemorial.
To become a member or make a donation, visit our donation page.
You can also join our email list by signing up in the footer of this page.