The Stimson-Green Mansion is a City of Seattle landmark, a National Register-listed architectural treasure, and home to the nonprofit Washington Trust for Historic Preservation.
Once a vibrant community cultural space, playing host to meetings, concerts, theatrical performances, parties, weddings, and more, the Stimson-Green has sat empty since the onset of COVID-19 in March 2020. With this loss of event revenue, the Washington Trust has taken a significant financial hit.
Through it all, we’ve been working to complete a multi-year capital campaign in our ongoing restoration of the Stimson-Green, with one final project remaining: the repair and repointing of the building’s 121-year-old masonry. With this project complete, we will stabilize this important historic landmark for decades to come. And when social gathering is safe again, we’ll be ready to reopen our doors to the public—ready to welcome more community members, old friends, and new visitors than ever before.
Together with our funders, sponsors, and other supporters, we’re building a stronger Stimson-Green. Join us. Make a donation today.
April 12 update:
Since launching the campaign in mid-March, we’ve raised $10,000 towards our $15,000 goal. Now, thanks to the generosity of a longtime Stimson-Green supporter, all contributions made THIS WEEK will be matched. Help us reach our goal and make a donation today!
By making a donation to our Stimson-Green Mansion masonry campaign, you’ll not only be supporting a great cause, you can also opt in to some one-of-a-kind, limited-edition merchandise.
- All Donations – Name listed on the Washington Trust website
- $50 – Stimson-Green Mansion commemorative postcard
- $100 – Stimson-Green Mansion laser-cut wood holiday ornament
- $250 – Two Stimson-Green Mansion double old-fashioned glasses
- $500 – An original, limited-edition Stimson-Green Mansion woodblock print
- $1,000 – Your own private “pool” party in the SGM Billiards Room!*
- $5,000 – Your own private SGM cocktail party (and we’ll provide the drinks!)*
* If scheduled during COVID, restrictions apply. If scheduled post-COVID, subject to date availability.
** All perks may be waived for full tax deductibility.
Your donation helps local artists!
In keeping with our philosophy of shopping local, our campaign donor perks are crafted by Washington State artists!
Our Stimson-Green Mansion woodblock print and overall campaign artwork are courtesy of Brenda, an artist born in Sequim and now living in Spokane. See Brenda’s Etsy shop, Tea & Ink Studio. Our ornaments are created by Sadie, an artist born in Seattle and now living in the San Juan Islands. Check out Sadie’s Etsy shop, Cascadia Custom.
Help us build a stronger Stimson-Green while supporting local artists! Check out our donor perks and make a donation today.