Job Opening at Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve
March 8, 2019 | 6:38 am
from Washington Trust
Trust Board of Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve
The Preservation Coordinator works under the direction of the Trust Board’s Reserve Manager to coordinate programs that help preserve the heritage resources of Ebey’s Reserve. The position is full time, 40 hours per week. The position includes a 3% salary match for a Simple IRA, and a monthly stipend for health care. Salary is determined by education and experience. Other benefits include vacation and sick time.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
This position requires excellent collaboration skills and specialized knowledge and experience in the field of historic preservation. This includes:
- Experience in the treatment of historic structures and landscapes.
- Knowledge of the history and historic resources of Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve.
- Knowledge of local government preservation.
- The applicant must be skilled in working with volunteers and the public.
- The applicant must be comfortable working in a rural office, at historic building sites, and in all kinds of outdoor settings.
Coordinate Historic Preservation Projects, Programs and Activities:
- Advise and inform the Reserve Manager on historic preservation issues.
- Lead, assist, and coordinate historic structure preservation projects.
- Monitor scenic easements and review projects on properties with scenic easements.
- Serve as the Reserve Manager’s designee on the Historic Reserve Committee (HRC).
- Represent the Reserve in the joint Town/County Design Review process and participate in Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) meetings and hearings.
- Participate in review of the Community Design Guidelines and Design Review process.
- Advise and participate in ordinance and policy development.
- Provide historic preservation training for the Trust Board, HPC commissioners and Town/County planning staff.
- Respond to public requests for preservation information and assistance.
- Respond to Town of Coupeville and Island County planning staff requests for assistance with historic preservation.
- Review and respond to routed Island County permit applications (as appropriate/needed).
- Assist the Reserve Manager with cultural resource compliance (correspondence, reviews, etc.).
Manage Records, Reports and Data:
- Maintain the Reserve’s historic property inventory, easement and compliance records.
- Document historic structures (such as Preservation Monitoring Plan reports).
- Coordinate and manage technical aspects of the Ebey’s Forever Grant program.
- Prepare monthly program reports for the Trust Board, an annual program summary for annual report, and other reports as needed.
Provide Education, Outreach and Assistance to Property Owners:
- Respond to inquiries and information requests from public and partners.
- Plan and provide outreach and education regarding Design Review process.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for trail and historic structure rehabilitation projects.
- Promote historic preservation incentives (Special Valuation, and the Federal Tax Credit).
- Coordinate the Ebey’s Forever Grant Program (project planning, management, documentation and reporting) and other grant programs.
- Advise and assist property owners with review and project approval process.
- Develop programs and provide outreach and education (including tours) related to the Reserve’s history and historic resources.
- Share in staffing the Trust Board office.
- Seek grants and external funding in support of Reserve projects and programs.
- Help plan and implement programs and events. This can involve weekend/evening hours.
- Applicant should possess a valid driver’s license.
- Applicant should be able to pass a federal background check.
To Apply for this Position:
Applicants must submit by email, a Letter of interest and Resume to the attention of Kristen Griffin, Reserve Manager, Trust Board of Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve.
Send to Carol Castellano.
Closing Date is March 31, 2019.