Preservation & Main Street Conference
RevitalizeWA is Washington’s annual statewide conference focused on historic preservation and economic revitalization, brought to you by the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation and the Department of Archaeology & Historic Preservation. RevitalizeWA is great way to both dip your toe in the world of Main Street and dive deep into its economic development and preservation principles.
RevitalizeWA Roadshow 2021
To accommodate both the need for ongoing public health considerations as well as the value of providing in-person learning opportunities, RevitalizeWA 2021 will be conducted as a hybrid event. Over the week of September 27 – October 1, the conference will be held in multiple small communities across the state, with the majority of learning opportunities available virtually, as well.
Over the course of this week, the conference will visit 3-4 Main Street Communities, with each site hosting for one day. Each day will include multiple educational sessions that may be attended by an in-person audience of up to 50 people but will also be broadcast live to virtual conference attendees across the state. In-person attendees will also have opportunities to participate in local tours and networking events.
Through the registration process, you will be able to sign up as a fully virtual attendee or, for a limited number of people per location, a “hybrid” attendee. Hybrid attendees will choose one day to attend in-person events at the host site of their choice and will have access to virtual sessions for the other days of the conference.
This “roadshow” model will allow us to host the state conference in towns and venues that may not otherwise have the opportunity to host RevitalizeWA. This spring, Washington Main Street Communities in rural areas will be offered the opportunity to host one of the roadshow sites. We will strive for geographic diversity to allow equal access to the live opportunities the hybrid conference will present.
Save the date and stay tuned by signing up for email updates on RevitalizeWA:
Accepting Host Site Proposals
Each host site must meet the following criteria to be eligible for consideration:
- Must be a designated Washington Main Street Community.
- Must have a population size of less than 20,000 residents.
- Must have a minimum of one indoor venue with capacity for 50 attendees (actual capacity will likely need to be greater to accommodate COVID restrictions). Please provide an alternate if available. All venues must be provided in-kind or underwritten with local fundraising.
- Must meet all COVID-19 restrictions and requirements as directed by the State of Washington and local municipalities including but not limited to masking, social distancing, and capacity management.
- Must have support from Main Street Board of Directors, including a letter of support from the Board President.
- Must appoint a primary point of contact to serve as a liaison between the WTHP and all local resources.
- Must have local downtown development success stories that offer opportunities for tours, sessions, or speakers. Please provide three options for speakers/sessions and two options for tours highlighting the host site and programs.
- Must have one Happy Hour location option, preferably outdoors.
- Must partner with WTHP for local promotion and communications and work closely with WTHP staff to ensure a successful conference.
Final site, venue, speaker, session, and tour selections will be determined by the selection committee.