Free Webinar Series for Washington Main Street Communities & Affiliates
Local leadership is key to a Main Street program’s success. Invest in yourselves and in your organization by participating in Washington Main Street‘s first webinar series focused on board leadership and executive director retention.
Fall 2018 Schedule:
- Boards in Gear | Tuesday, September 18, 12:00-1:30 p.m. | VIEW RECORDING HERE | Presented by Washington Nonprofits
- Boards play an important role in the success of any organization. This interactive, hands-on workshop will cover board responsibilities, operations, development, fundraising, and advocacy. It is based on the Boards in Gear resources developed in partnership with some of the state’s leading board experts. You will leave with concrete action steps, tools, and connections. Strengthening the practice of nonprofit boards will lead to more effective and sustainable results as the community addresses its most critical issues.
- Somehow, I Manage: Understanding Executive Director Roles & Tools for Time Management | Monday, October 1, 12:00-1:30 p.m. | VIEW RECORDING HERE | Presented by Kari Anderson, Incite! Consulting Group
- Executive directors of Main Street programs are expected to be masters of all trades all while juggling the many partners and priorities in your downtown. Board members – this is your chance to learn more about the challenging role of an executive director and what you can do to support them. Executive directors – you’ll walk away with tools for structuring and maximizing your time, what types of meetings should be on your calendar each week, and why it’s important to say “no” (and how to say it!).
- Retaining Main Street Leaders | Monday, October 29, 12:00-1:30 p.m. | VIEW RECORDING HERE (log in, then recording will appear) | Presented by Kathy LaPlante, National Main Street Center
- Changeover in staff can be costly for an organization: in loss of partner and funder relationships, institutional knowledge, and momentum in project implementation and program management. Likewise, recruiting and keeping effective board members is critical for a downtown organization to thrive. This session will identify some reasons for executive director turnover and offer strategies for boards to take to secure staff longevity, as well as provide ideas for keeping board members engaged and active.