Northwest Vernacular is a boutique historic preservation consulting firm specializing in understanding the historic built environment and cultural landscapes. We want preservation to support community resilience and believe the character of a place contributes to quality of life and long-term economic stability.
Co-founders Katie Pratt and Spencer Howard have worked in the historic preservation field in the Pacific Northwest for more than 20 years. We have worked in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.
Our services include:
- Architectural and cultural landscape survey and inventory
- Rehabilitation tax credit application preparation
- Historic structures and landscape reports
- Preservation planning and policy
- Regulatory compliance including SEPA, Appendix A, Section 106 and 4(f) compliance
- Building condition and window assessments
- Historic register nominations
Categories: Preservation Consultants – Feasibility Studies/Building Assessment, Preservation Consultants – Regulatory Compliance, Preservation Consultants – Research, Documentation, Survey, & Nominations, Preservation Consultants – Tax Credits