Welcome to the WMS Community ED Hub! This is your one-stop shop for your most frequently used links and resources, upcoming events, your full yearlong calendar, and more. Have fun exploring!
Your Best Friends
Print, bookmark, or save — these are the documents and web pages you likely use the most!
- WMS calendar. You can also check out our 2022 Significant Dates section below.
- Facebook group. Reach out to your fellow WMS EDs for advice, ideas, and celebrations!
- WMS ED directory. Get to know your fellow EDs and find their contact info on our private directory.
- Resource library. Examples, ideas, and guides on all things Main Street. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Email Lydia (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
- Quarterly report form. Pairs nicely with our quarterly reporting guide.
- Governing documents: RCW 43.360 (Establishing WSMSP) and WAC 25-50 (WSMSP Rules for designated Communities)
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
- August 23 at noon. Planning Grant Office Hours. Zoom link here.
- August 30. PreserveWA Fellowship applications due
- September 2. Small Business Innovation Fund applications due. Guidelines here and application here.
- September 15 at 1 p.m. Planning Grant Office Hours. Zoom link here.
- September 30. Planning Grant applications due
- September 30. Leadership Cohort sign-up deadline.
- October 12. Q3 Report due.
Key Resources and Guides
Meet the WMS Team
As your state coordinating program team, we are excited to provide you with support. Feel free to reach out by phone or email with all of your questions, concerns, ideas, and celebrations.
Main Street Specialist
Economic Vitality Specialist
Your primary point of contact! Reach out to Breanne for ??everything??
Focuses on Affiliates and start-ups. As an accredited Community, you may not be reaching out to Jonelle much, but you’ll certainly get to know her at events and trainings.
Wondering how other Main Streets have tackled a specific issue or looking for placemaking research? Questions about the MSTCIP, planning grants, or events and trainings? Lydia’s your gal!
EV extraordinaire! Reach out to Luke about all things EV — resources, support, data analysis, and more — as well as quarterly reports.
Michelle is the Certified Local Government Coordinator for the state Department of Archeology and Historic Preservation (WMS is a program of DAHP). Reach out to Michelle with your design and CLG questions!
2022 Significant Dates
October 12. Q3 Report due
October 19-21. Revitalize WA (state conference) Wenatchee*
- Registration is $200, but Main Street Communities can take advantage of our 2-for-1 registration code: MAINSTREET
- Make sure to sign up for any field sessions you’re interested in and for Excellence on Main in addition to your general registration
- Information about field sessions and lodging can be found here.
*Main Street Community directors are required to attend a minimum of 2/3 of leadership meetings each year. A board member can attend one of the meetings on your behalf, if needed. Main Street Community directors must attend the annual state conference.
See WAC 25-50-050-3 for more information about participation and reporting requirements.