Welcome to the WMS Community ED Hub! This is your one-stop shop for your most frequently used links and resources, upcoming events, your full yearlong calendar, and more. Have fun exploring!
Your Best Friends
Print, bookmark, or save — these are the documents and web pages you likely use the most!
- WMS calendar. You can also check out our 2022-23 Significant Dates section below.
- Facebook group. Reach out to your fellow WMS EDs for advice, ideas, and celebrations!
- WMS ED directory. Get to know your fellow EDs and find their contact info on our private directory.
- Resource library. Examples, ideas, and guides on all things Main Street. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Email Lydia!
- Quarterly reporting form. Pairs nicely with our quarterly reporting guide and our quarterly reporting template.
- Governing documents: RCW 43.360 (Establishing WSMSP) and WAC 25-50 (WSMSP Rules for designated Communities)
- Shared dropbox for EDs. Add in all your great sample documents and check out everyone else’s! (To add your own, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request “edit” access!)
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
- August 31. Main Street Pitch Competition proposals due. Deadline extended to September 6!
- September 1. RevitalizeWA hotel block pricing ends.
- September 8. Planning Grant applications due.
- October 2-3. Community Transformation Workshop hosted by Main Street America.
- October 4-6. RevitalizeWA. Register and book your room here.
Make sure to register using the 2-for-1 discount (it’s so easy – just select “Washington Main Street Community” as your Attendee type. No code needed!).
Key Resources and Guides
Meet the WMS Team
As your state coordinating program team, we are excited to provide you with support, guidance, and a listening ear. Feel free to reach out by phone or email with all of your questions, concerns, ideas, and celebrations.
Main Street Specialist
Economic Vitality Specialist
Your primary point of contact for everything from general questions about Main Street to best practices for working with your board, businesses, and volunteers. Also available for venting, processing, and celebrating wins!
Focuses on Affiliates and start-ups. As an accredited Community, you may not be reaching out to Jonelle much, but you’ll certainly get to know her at events and trainings.
Wondering how other Main Streets have tackled a specific issue or looking for placemaking research? Questions about the MSTCIP, planning grants, or events and trainings? Lydia’s your gal!
EV extraordinaire! Reach out to Luke about all things EV — resources, support, data analysis, and more — as well as quarterly reports.
Michelle is the Certified Local Government Coordinator for the state Department of Archeology and Historic Preservation (WMS is a program of DAHP). Reach out to Michelle with your design and CLG questions!
*Main Street Community directors are required to attend a minimum of 2/3 of leadership meetings each year. A board member can attend one of the meetings on your behalf, if needed. Main Street Community directors must attend the annual state conference.
See WAC 25-50-050-3 for more information about participation and reporting requirements.